Friday, April 27, 2012

Review: Solid by Shelley Workinger

Need a great paranormal YA read?  Here is another for you.  Solid is a quick fun read.  I say quick but if my boys give me time I can read a 300pg novel in about a day or so. 

Back to Solid, Ms. Workinger has an amazing imagination. 

Clio is about to go to a "camp" with other kids like her.  None new they had genetic mutation possibilities but there is the possibility.  They are there to discover if they were affected negatively from a drug given to their mothers  while pregnant.  But there is something sinister are they there to be protected or are they going to have to fight for their lives?

It took me getting through the prologue to get into the book, but once I started into chapter one I was sucked into the plot.  Clio is very likable girl even though she is beautiful she is insecure.  Moving from place to place all her life she is always the new girl and has many "first days" of school.  She's learned to rely on her quick quips as her defense for the wall she builds around herself.   She falls in with a group very quickly being almost attacked by juggling fruits including a banana.  Jack the cute sweet guy, Garrett the cocky goofy jock, Bliss the sweet unassuming blond, and Miranda the tough outspoken girl.

Very quick paced and hard to put down this is a definite must go on your "to-read" list.  The next book in the series, Settling is definitely going on my "to-read" list.

Thanks for your time!
Please leave comments or questions!  <3 xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, the premise is very neat! What a worst nightmare for a mother, that something she ingested while pregnant changed her child.... I'm not big on YA Paranormal, but I have friends with teens who read. Will pass along the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold! This book sounds like one I could really get into. Wow! It has so much going for it. I am definitely curious to find out what happens.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess, Most of my followers know but I wanted to let you know my site is moving to

      http://forgetthehouseworkimreading.blogspot.com/

      Thanks for following! And this was an amazing book with an amazing author!

      Delete